New Gen Immigration
workPh: +61 3 9942 4104
faxFx: +61 3 8080 3206
79 Hamilton Place,
Mount Waverley, Vic., 3149
187 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme
- Family members can apply for this visa as the secondary applicants and have the same welfare as Australian citizens.
- The 186 visa holders can travel in Australia, China and New Zealand without restriction.
- No interview and auditing.
- No requirements for the evidence of the source of capital
- No requirements for the score.
- No requirements for the skill assessment.
- be less than 50 years of age, or exempt
- meet the relevant English language capability, or be exempt : for the Direct Entry stream possess competent English that is equivalent to a score of six in each of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test components, or be exempt
- meet the skill requirement : for the Direct Entry stream have a relevant Australian or overseas qualifications. Minimum qualification levels will be determined by the nominated ANZSCO skill level from 1–3 (trade occupations at skill level 3 will require a Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) assessment if they do not hold an Australian qualification
- satisfy all health and character requirements
- People who hold a subclass 457 visa do not need the skill assessment because they have already worked for their nominating employer for two years in Australia and they must have at least vocational English.
Applying this visa
- be nominated by an approved employer who will nominate you for a position in their business in regional Australia.
- If you do not have an employer who will nominate you, you can lodge an Expression of Interest through SkillSelect. Prospective employers and state and territory governments can then view your details and decide whether to nominate you for skilled migration.
- You must lodge your application online. This can be done while you are in or outside Australia. You must pay the initial application charge of AUD3060 by credit card at that time.
- You must provide documents that prove the claims you make in your application. These documents must be submitted with your online application.
- You and all members of your family unit must meet certain health requirements
- You may be asked to attend an interview, either face-to-face or by telephone, after lodging your application.
- If you apply for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa while you are in Australia, you are likely to be given a Bridging visa that allows you to stay in the country lawfully while your application is processed.
- Wait for a visa decision