New Gen Immigration
workPh: +61 3 9942 4104
faxFx: +61 3 8080 3206
79 Hamilton Place,
Mount Waverley, Vic., 3149
457 Temporary Business (Long Stay) – Standard Business Sponsorship
- The subclass 457 visa is for skilled workers from outside Australia who have been sponsored and nominated by a business to work in Australia on a temporary basis.
- Family members can apply for this visa as the secondary applicants and study or work in Australia.
- It is good for immigration in Australia.
- The requirement of English language is low.
- As an employee, you must meet all the following requirements:
- be sponsored by an employer to fill a nominated position
- have skills, qualifications, experience and an employment background which match those required for the position
- be eligible for any relevant licenses or registration required for the nominated position
- There are a number of health requirements that must be met by health industry workers and their accompanying family members.
- Subclass 457 visa holders granted visas after 14 September 2009 will be required to maintain arrangements for health insurance.
- From 14 September 2009, all primary Subclass 457 visa applicants who are sponsored by a Standard Business Sponsor must demonstrate that they have English language proficiency that is equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test score of at least 5 in each of the four test components of speaking, reading, writing and listening. Where the nominated occupation requires a higher level of English (equivalent to IELTS test score of more than 5 in each of the four test components) because it forms part of that occupation’s registration, licensing or membership requirement, the visa applicant must have at least the standard of English language proficiency required for the grant of that registration, license or membership.
- Australia requires visa applicants to have the skills required for their nominated positions. Where necessary for safety or to prevent fraud, Australia will undertake more extensive skills assessments to confirm skills claimed by applicants
Applying this visa
- There are three stages to employing a skilled worker under the subclass 457 visa program:
- employer applies to be a sponsor
- employer nominates a position
- employee applies for a visa.
- Applications for each of these three stages can be submitted at the same time.