New Gen Immigration
workPh: +61 3 9942 4104
faxFx: +61 3 8080 3206
79 Hamilton Place,
Mount Waverley, Vic., 3149
Higher education sector (573)
- You must be accepted for full-time study in a registered course or part of a registered course to be eligible for this visa.
- Your individual circumstances must demonstrate that you genuinely intend to stay in Australia temporarily.
- You must have enough money to pay for travel, tuition and living expenses for yourself for the duration of your stay in Australia.
- The amount in Australian dollars that you need access to: return air fare to Australia + course fees + AUD18610 per year
- Acceptable sources of income：a money deposit with a financial institution held by you for at least three consecutive months immediately before the date of your visa application
- You must meet certain health requirements and may need to undergo a health examination. The requirements vary based on: your length of stay in Australia, other health risks in your home country or countries you have visited for more than three months within the last five years.
- You must have health insurance while in Australia.
- English language skills: The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (the department) will assess student visa applicants who lodge their applications on or after 24 March 2012, with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from a participating university in Australia at Bachelor, Masters or Doctoral degree level as though they were a lower migration risk (similar to the current Assessment Level 1), regardless of their country of origin. That means the applicants do not need the English results any more to apply for the visa, if they have got the CoE from one of the Australian Universities.
- Academic record and history: If you are applying for your first student visa, you must provide evidence that you: successfully completed Year 12 or equivalent, by providing school reports and academic records
Applying this visa
- When you lodge your application, it is important that you include all the required documents with your application.
- You must pay a non-refundable charge when you lodge your application. It is $540.
- Your visa will be linked to the passport number you used in your application. You must use the same passport to travel to and from Australia. Your passport should be valid for at least six months from the time you lodge the application.