New Gen Immigration
workPh: +61 3 9942 4104
faxFx: +61 3 8080 3206
79 Hamilton Place,
Mount Waverley, Vic., 3149
Schools Sector (571)
- You must be accepted for full-time study in a registered course or part of a registered course to be eligible for this visa.
- Your individual circumstances must demonstrate that you genuinely intend to stay in Australia temporarily.
- You must have enough money to pay for travel, tuition and living expenses for yourself for the duration of your stay in Australia.
- The amount in Australian dollars that you need access to: return air fare to Australia + course fees + AUD18610 per year
- Acceptable sources of income：a money deposit with a financial institution held by you for at least three consecutive months immediately before the date of your visa application
- You must meet certain health requirements and may need to undergo a health examination. The requirements vary based on: your length of stay in Australia, other health risks in your home country or countries you have visited for more than three months within the last five years.
- You must have health insurance while in Australia.
- English language skills: Contact your Australian education provider who will advise you of the level of English language you need and the evidence you must provide. If you need English language tuition to meet these requirements, you can also study a preliminary English course for up to 50 weeks.
- Academic record and age requirements: all students except exchange students must meet specific academic and age requirements.
- If you are applying for your first student visa, you must provide evidence:
- that you have successfully completed Year 9 or equivalent
- that your age is appropriate for your proposed Year level
- and one of the following:
- that your secondary school course will be at least 16 months in duration
- that you successfully completed a recognised secondary course lasting two years outside Australia. The course must have an Australian curriculum and be conducted in English by an Australian provider.
- Note: An appropriate age means that if you are enrolled in:
- Year 12, you will be less than 20 years of age at the start of Year 12
- Year 11, you will be less than 19 years of age at the start of Year 11
- Year 10, you will be less than 18 years of age at the start of Year 10
- Year 9, you will be less than 17 years of age at the start of Year 9.
- If you are under 18 years of age, your parents and/or anyone who can legally decide where you can live must give permission for you to study in Australia.
Applying this visa
- When you lodge your application, it is important that you include all the required documents with your application.
- You must pay a non-refundable charge when you lodge your application. It is $540.
- Your visa will be linked to the passport number you used in your application. You must use the same passport to travel to and from Australia. Your passport should be valid for at least six months from the time you lodge the application.